The rampant use of technology has been overwhelmingly alarming parents with their children’s rising screen addiction. Today, games, interactive applications, and social media apps can be downloaded in just a single snap. Also, high-speed internet has been constantly improving, making technology more and more convenient to access for all.
In this article, learn how to give your kids ibogaine treatment for addiction to help them overcome their rather obsession with mobile screens. As a parent with a child who just can’t seem to stop playing games, screen addiction is already becoming frightening. This is a problem because most parents find it hard to stop or even limit their kids in using mobile gadgets. As a result, most just end up allowing their children to use their devices as much as they want without even setting limits.
How To Get Your Child Away From Screen Addiction
Once you recognize signs of screen addiction in your child, here are the things that you can do to give him an effective digital detox.
- Your child follows what an adult do, so make sure to set yourself as a good example. You can’t expect your child to do something you want and let him see you do the things they like. Most kids learn more in observing, so be ready to do good things for them to follow. You can start by setting rules such as ‘no gadget policy’ during mealtime and ‘cyber-free bedtime’.
- Always set a limit for using gadgets. Let your child understand that using devices is limited, and a consequence will apply if the time limit is not followed. For example, you can start by limiting your child’s gadget use until 8 PM to be ready for bedtime.
- Plan a weekend getaway or make a fun outdoor activities that will disengage them from using gadgets.
- Always trust your instinct when your child does something wrong after a long screen time. Technology addiction will most likely make your child secretive about how long they spend time online. They may learn to lie or even deceive you. Take action if your instinct is saying something that’s surefire right. Guide your kids to become an honest, productive member of the society.
- Look around bedrooms and check if there’s any gadget kept inside. Sometimes, when parents are so busy doing household chores, kids tend to keep gadgets and put them under the pillow or bed so that they can play when you’re gone. Hence, take the time to check. After all, your efforts will go to waste if your child just go on and don’t abide by your rules secretly without dealing with the consequences.
Digital detox is an avenue to cure children from screen addiction. It may not be easy to receive protests from your kid about your new rules, but you have to be firm so as to protect your child from the dangers that come with spending too much time on the screen such as cancer, DNA damage, sleep disorders, failure in school and even behavioral and physical consequences. The best thing to do is to be patient and let your child understand that the change is for the sake of his health and protection.